Today Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon is the heart of Vietnamese business and entrepreneurs. Incomes here are typically twice that of Hanoi and the city's skyline is rapidly changing, reflecting the sharp influx of foreign trade within the last decade. With all its' modernity, the city still retains its connections to the past, particularly in Cholon, Saigon's Chinatown where dozens of elegant temples and pagodas can be seen. The French too left their mark here - the city has many street cafes and patisseries where fresh croissants can be purchased.
|DEPARTURE||Hotel or Residence|
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||5:00 PM|
Package Cost includes
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Tours and transfers as specified including entry fees, on a private basis in air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English-Speaking Local Guide for all included sightseeing according to the itinerary
- Meals as specified in the itinerary - drinks are not included
- Government tax and service charge
- Bottled water and cool towel provided on sightseeing day
Package Cost excludes
- International and domestic airfares and taxes, unless otherwise specified
- Visa expenses, processing and issuance fees.
- Meals other than specified as included.
- Travel Insurance or expenses of a personal nature such as mini-bar, phone call, laundry, etc.
- Tips or gratuities to guides/drivers/porters /hotel, restaurant or boat staff.
- Drinks or personal expenses or entrance fees for any extra sightseeing or optional activities
- Compulsory Dinner/Peak Season Surcharge
DAY 1: WELCOME TO HO CHI MINH CITY
- Arrival at Tan Son Nhat airport (HCM city) – your driver and guide will meet you just outside the exit gates and assist you with your luggage to the car. Drop off to your hotel in the city Centre. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 2: FULL DAY MEKONG DELTA
- Breakfast at the hotel. Pick-up will be at the hotel reception at 8am by your guide and driver for the day. You will then set off for an approximately 2hour drive to My Tho, a Mekong Delta town.
- The Mekong Delta is also known as Vietnam’s rice basket, a fertile area spreading nearly 50,000 sq km. Here, the mighty Mekong river ends by splitting itself into nine major tributaries. The Vietnamese call these nine tributaries Nine Dragons.
- Visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda. Built in 1849 in My Phong village, this beautiful structure features a mixture of Chinese, Vietnamese and Angkor - Cambodian architectural styles and consists of five buildings, two ornamental yards and 178 pillars. After this, you will board a boat for a cruise on the Mekong river, passing natural creeks and quiet villages. You will see an interesting fishermen's port and the traditional stilt houses.
- You will stop at Thoi Son Island in the province of Tien Giang which has now become an ecotourism site. You will explore this region and its delights before returning to the cruise boat by small rowing boats through a short stretch of waterways. Lunch at local restaurant before you return to Ho Chi Minh city by private car. Back to Saigon by car.
DAY 3: FULL DAY CU CHI TUNNELS – CITY
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- At 08:00 am, transfer to Cu Chi district, leaving the city behind. The scenery changes to views of rice paddies, villagers drying noodles by the side of the road and other scenes typical to southern Vietnam.
- Arrive and start the visit of the famous Cu Chi Tunnels which consist of an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during both the French and American wars. Start the visit with the Ben Dinh or Ben Duoc sections of the tunnel.
- Visit the War Remnant Museum, where you will see exhibits relating to the Vietnam War and the first Indochina War involving the French colonialists.
- Next, you will visit Independence Palace Reunification Hall to visit the residence of the President Ngo Dinh Diem of the former South Vietnam from 1960s - 1975. Here, you will have the opportunity to view formal meeting rooms, private bedrooms and war situation rooms, built in the basement. This address today still holds many important functions in Ho Chi Minh city. You will learn important historical facts about this building. At the end of the afternoon, head back to your hotel.
DAY 4: HO CHI MINH CITY & DEPARTURE
- Enjoy your final breakfast at your hotel, check out and your driver will meet you to assist with luggage and take you to the airport for your departure flight.