Samburu National Reserve is one of the lesser-known National Parks in Kenya but is teeming with life. Situated alongside the Ewaso Ng'iro River, there is plenty to attract wildlife from the surrounding savannah plains. On the other side of the river is the Buffalo Springs National Reserve. The park is 165 km2 in size and is situated 350 kilometers from Nairobi.
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||17:00 PM|
|Dress Code||Casual. comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, warm jacket.|
Package Cost includes
- Rates are based on per person sharing on full board and is subject to change at the time of booking.
- Accommodation for 2 nights.
- Return flight with Air Kenya from Wilson Airport departing at 8:30am to Samburu Airstrip and arriving at 9:55 am.
- All game drives using the lodge vehicle as detailed in the itinerary.
- Return Airstrip Transfers.
Package Cost excludes
- All park/game reserve fees and government taxes.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. laundry, phone calls and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary.
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
DAY 1: NAIROBI - SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
- Catch an early morning flight from Wilson Airport Nairobi at 08:30am to arrive in Samburu at 09:55am. Enjoy the aerial view of the park's dominant features such as the Ewaso Ng'iro River which meanders through the otherwise dry and dusty reserve, Buffalo Springs on the opposite northern side of the river, right next to it is Shaba with its great rocky kopjes (isolated hills), natural springs and Doum palm.
- You'll be transferred to your lodge for lunch, followed by an afternoon game drive. Enjoy the excitement of Kenya's outback, where crocodiles lie low in muddy waters and big cats hunt in the shady groves of the riverine forest. Return to the lodge at sunset for dinner & overnight stay.
DAY 2: SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
- Take an early morning drive along the Ewaso Ng'iro River winding its way around the rocky hills and across the dusty savannah, where you can witness herds of elephants frolicking in the water.
- You can have lunch as a picnic in the park or at your lodge, before another afternoon game drive spent searching for prowling predators as well as some rare wildlife species including the Blue-Necked Ostrich and Gravy's Zebra.
- Return to the lodge to unwind and dinner with overnight stay.
- Optional Activities: Bird walks, Cultural visits & dances and camel rides.
DAY 3: SAMBURU GAME RESERVE - NAIROBI
- Spend the morning discovering Samburu's rugged and diverse terrain, before returning to your lodge for breakfast. You will then be transferred to the airstrip for your flight at 10:55am back to Nairobi.
- One of Kenya's smallest, but richest, wildlife national parks.
- Visits to local Samburu tribal villages.
- Home to the big cats; lion, leopard and cheetah.
- Healthy breeding packs of endangered African wild dog.
- Likely to see rare northern species, including "Samburu Special Five" reticulated giraffe, the Somali ostrich, the gerenuk, the Beisa oryx and the Gravy's zebra.
- Birding hotspot with over 450 species recorded.
- The river Ewaso Ng'iro is the heart of the park and contrasts against the dry and arid desert-like soil that shines bright red under the African sun.