Lake Nakuru National Park is home to many wildlife species including both black and white rhinoceros, giraffes, waterbucks, lions, leopards, baboons, cheetahs, warthogs and pythons, as well as 300 different bird species. The park actively supports the endangered black and white rhinoceros, and Rothschild's giraffes. It is also popularly known for the millions of flamingos that feed on the large quantities of blue-green algae growing on the lake.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Hotel Name|
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Dress Code||Comfortable Clothing|
Package Cost includes
- Rates are based on per person sharing on full board and is subject to change at the time of booking.
- Accommodation for 4 nights. (1 night in Nakuru & 2 nights in Masai Mara).
- Transport whilst on safari mini van with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
Package Cost excludes
- All park/game reserve fees and government taxes.
- Activities like Masai village visit, treking, bird watching etc.
- International and local Flights.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. laundry, phone calls and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary.
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
Day 1: Nairobi - Great Rift Valley
- Depart Nairobi in the morning, with beautiful views of Mt. Longonot, into the Great Rift Valley, arriving at your lodge in time for a hearty lunch.
- Spend the afternoon at leisure, or engaging in some optional activities, before unwinding with dinner overlooking one of the beautifully scenic Rift Valley Lakes, and a good night's sleep.
- Optional Activities: Boat Trips, Bird and Nature Walks or a visit to Crescent Island.
Day 2: Great Rift Valley - Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Set off in the early morning for Masai Mara Game Reserve, arriving at your lodge in time for lunch. Enjoy a late-afternoon game drive, as the air begins to cool and animals rouse from their slumber. Return to your Lodge just before darkness falls for dinner & overnight stay.
Day 3: Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Who needs an alarm when you will be awakened by the calls of the wild for an early game drive. This is the day to proceed on a wild goose chase of the prides of lion or a leopard returning from its night prowls. After which, you will return to your lodge for breakfast.
- Spend a few hours relaxing, enjoying the lodge facilities, listening to chirping birds or reading a novel. After lunch, set off for an afternoon game drive. Return to your Lodge just before darkness falls for dinner & overnight stay.
- Optional Activities: : Hot Air Balloon Safari, Cultural Visit, Night Game Drive (depending on location) and 2-hour Morning and Afternoon Walks (depending on location).
Day 4: Masai Mara Game Reserve - Nairobi
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before departing for Nairobi, arriving into the city mid/late afternoon.
- The millions of Greater and Lesser Flamingos which gather at the lake.
- Tree climbing lions.
- Black and white rhinos, lions, leopards, hippos and endangered Rothschild's giraffes.
- Aside from the widespread vervet monkey and olive baboon, the beautiful black-and-white colobus monkey.
- The Lake has over 450 species of birds making it a great stop for bird watchers.