The word 'Amboseli' is derived from the Masai language and it means 'salty dust'.
Amboseli National Park is considered Africa's best spot for viewing free-range elephants. The park is one of the most popular in Kenya due to its views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest Mountain, and the huge elephant herds that live in its' boundaries. Amboseli National Park is made up of several distinct habitats, which include savannah, woodlands, wetlands, and the mostly dried up Lake Amboseli. Amboseli National Park has an Observation Hill - which is a pyramid shaped hill that provides an excellent view of the surroundings.
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||17:00 PM|
|Dress Code||Casual. comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, warm jacket.|
Package Cost includes
- Rates are based on per person sharing on full board and is subject to change at the time of booking.
- Accommodation for 2 nights.
- Transport in a safari minivan with a pop-up roof for game viewing.
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
Package Cost excludes
- All park/game reserve fees and government taxes
- International and local Flights.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. laundry, phone calls and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary.
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
DAY 1: NAIROBI - AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
- Depart Nairobi in the early morning by road through the scenic Athi plains and into the bush country of Amboseli National Park, arriving at your lodge in time for lunch.
- After lunch embrace nature as you embark on a late afternoon safari, driving through the park's iconic plains among the large-tusked elephants and other game. At sunset, return to your lodge for dinner and a good night's sleep.
DAY 2: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
- Early morning game drive in Amboseli enjoying the magnificent Kilimanjaro's snow-capped peaks and elephant herds moving through the acacia woodlands. Soak in the stillness of a sunrise-drenched landscape as you search for the Big Five and other plain game. Thereafter, return to your lodge for a hearty breakfast.
- Relax at the lodge enjoying the lodge facilities, before heading out on an afternoon safari until sunset. Return to the lodge where you can enjoy sundowners, dinner, and another overnight stay.
DAY 3: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK - NAIROBI
- After breakfast, check out from the Lodge and if the sky is clear have a last glance at the magnificent snowcapped Mount Kilimanjaro taking in the breath-taking view. Enjoy a game drive enroute to Nairobi, arriving in the city in the afternoon.
Mount Kilimanjaro; Spectacular view of the snowcapped Mount Kilimanjaro Peaks.
Observation Hill: the best location that allows an overall view of the whole park and especially, the swamps directly below observation hill which hosts many elephants, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of waterfowl like pelicans and Egyptian geese.
Wildlife: Amboseli has over 80 different mammals ranging from the tiny (and rarely seen) spectacled elephant shrew to the huge bulk of the African elephant. It is highly unlikely that you will go home without superb elephant pictures with Kilimanjaro and over 400 bird species as a backdrop.