The word 'Amboseli' is derived from the Masai language and it means 'salty dust'.
Amboseli National Park is considered Africa's best spot for viewing free-range elephants. The park is one of the most popular in Kenya due to its views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest Mountain, and the huge elephant herds that live in its' boundaries. Amboseli National Park is made up of several distinct habitats, which include savannah, woodlands, wetlands, and the mostly dried up Lake Amboseli.
The National Park has an Observation Hill - which is a pyramid shaped hill that provides an excellent view of the surroundings.
|Casual. comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, warm jacket.
Package Cost includes
- Rates are based on per person sharing on full board and is subject to change at the time of booking.
- Accommodation for 2 nights.
- Return flight from Wilson Airport departing at 0730am to Amboseli arriving at 0805am with Air Kenya.
- Return airstrip transfers in Amboseli.
- Game drive on sharing basis using the lodge vehicle with a pop-up roof for game viewing.
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
Package Cost excludes
- All park/game reserve fees and government taxes.
- Activities like Masai village visit, trekking, bird watching etc.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. laundry, phone calls and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary.
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
DAY 1: NAIROBI - AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
- The scenic dawn flight from Wilson Airport Nairobi at 07:30am to Amboseli flying over to the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro, giving you an incredible view of the snow - capped Mount Kilimanjaro, forests and valleys, arriving at 08:05am at the airstrip where you will be met by the driver guide.
- Morning and afternoon game drives to explore the park, home to the legendary Masai and famous for its huge herds of elephants. Roam the park's iconic plains until sunset, returning to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Optional Activities: Cultural visits, Bird Watching Safaris, Guided Bush Walk (certain locations only) and Night Safaris (certain locations only).
DAY 2: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
- A full day of game drives will allow you to experience first-hand the intense beauty and thrill of Amboseli National Park. Get a close encounter with an elephant, and if lucky get to see a herd of Elephant Family. On a good day you get to see predators' pry on herds of grazing animals, while you enjoy wonders, mysteries, and excitement of the African bush. Return to your lodge in the evening for dinner and a night of relaxation.
DAY 3: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK TO NAIROBI
- fter breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your early morning return flight at 08:15am to Nairobi arriving at 08:50am.
Mount Kilimanjaro; Spectacular view of the snowcapped Mount Kilimanjaro Peaks.
Observation Hill: the best location that allows an overall view of the whole park and especially, the swamps directly below observation hill which hosts many elephants, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of waterfowl like pelicans and Egyptian geese.
Wildlife: Amboseli has over 80 different mammals ranging from the tiny (and rarely seen) spectacled elephant shrew to the huge bulk of the African elephant. It is highly unlikely that you will go home without superb elephant pictures with Kilimanjaro and over 400 bird species as a backdrop.