Masai Mara National Reserve is one of the most popular tourism destinations in Kenya and indeed, Africa. The Reserve is located in the Great Rift Valley in primarily open grassland. This spectacular area is the site of the world's greatest wildlife migration. Each year, almost two million Wildebeest cross the river from the plains of the Serengeti up to Masai Mara feeding on the lush grass that springs up after seasonal rains. Masai Mara is a must do for tourists so as to get the Big Five animals (buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhino) experience.
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||17:00 PM|
|Dress Code||Casual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, Warm jacket.|
Package Cost includes
- Rates are based on per person sharing on full board and is subject to change at the time of booking.
- Accommodation for 2 nights.
- Return flight with Air Kenya from Wilson Airport departing at 10:30am to Masai Mara and arriving at 11:10am.
- Return airstrip transfers in Masai Mara.
- Shared Game drive using the lodge vehicle for game viewing.
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
Package Cost excludes
- Nairobi transfers
- All park/game reserve fees and government taxes.
- Optional Activities like Masai village visit, trekking, bird watching etc.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. laundry, phone calls and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary.
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
DAY 1: NAIROBI - MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE
- Check in at Wilson Airport for your departure flight to Masai Mara in the early morning, flying over the scenic Rift Valley. You'll be picked up from the airstrip, where you can enjoy a short game drive enroute to your camp, arriving in time for lunch.
- Set off on a game drive after lunch, just as the animals wake from their afternoon slumber. At this time, the air is cool and sun has sunk into the horizon, allowing you to witness the bush action. In the evening, return to your lodge for sundowner cocktails, dinner, and a good night's rest.
DAY 2: MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE
- Experience Mara's magical mornings. Set off on an early morning game drives as the sun begins to break the clouds to shine its rays across the plains. And get to catch the animals heading back from their night of hunting. As the sun begins to warm up, you will experience incredible sounds and sights of wildlife moving through the savannah.
- Optional Activities: Hot Air Balloon Safari, Cultural Visits, Night Game Drive (certain locations only) and two-Hour Morning or Afternoon Walks (certain locations only).
DAY 3: MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE - NAIROBI
- Enjoy one last early morning game drive before returning to your lodge for breakfast. You'll then be transferred to the airstrip for your flight back to Nairobi, arriving into the city at approximately midday.
Game viewing: An adventurous drive in the wild with a professional safari guide.
Wildebeest Migration: This is considered among the world's greatest wonders and occurs between July to October every year.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris: Have a bird's eye view of the Game Reserve.
Bird Watching: For bird lovers, Mara plays home to more than 400 bird species of every color and size including birds of prey.
Masai Village: Visit a Masai village and get the opportunity to interact with the Masai people and learn more about their culture and traditions.
Guided nature walks and bush dinners: Enjoy guided nature walks, bush dinners and sundowners.