Unguja, also known as Zanzibar Island, is the main island in Tanzania. The island is famous for its mix of exotic beaches, famous spice plantations, history (Stone Town being the capital) and diverse culture.
|DEPARTURE||Zanzibar International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Based on flight arrival|
|Return TIme||Based on flight departure|
Package Cost includes
- Return airport transfer on private basis.
- Sightseeing and accommodation as per the above-mentioned itinerary.
- All transfers and extensive excursions with entrance fees (as specified in the itinerary) on private basis.
- Services of a professional, friendly and English-speaking local representative.
Package Cost excludes
- Flight tickets.
- Rates are not valid on Black-out dates.
- Tips & local tourism/city tax not included.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, minibar, telephone calls, etc.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides other than those mentioned in your itinerary.
DAY 1: ZANZIBAR
- On arrival, you will be met and greeted by our representative who will take you to the hotel. Check in the hotel and relax for an overnight stay.
DAY 2: FULL DAY STONE TOWN AND JOZANI FOREST TOUR
- After breakfast at the hotel, depart for Stone Town tour of Zanzibar which will be marked by many moments of wonder as you view the charms of this old metropolis that has retained its essence, but also has favorably, albeit cautiously embraced the elements of modernization. Every nuance of its vibrant history is evident in the beautiful buildings, some that whisper about the Omani advent in Zanzibar and others that speak about the origins of Swahili architecture fused with a Persian Shirazi influence.
- This tour will take you to one of the last remaining natural rain forests in East Africa. The forest is full of large exotic trees and harbors different species of monkeys, especially the Red Colobus monkeys who are indigenous to the Island. It represents a very important refuge for the flora and fauna of the island.
- The Jozani forest reserve, lies between Chawaka bay and Uzi bay and it is the only remaining natural forest of Unguja. It is now a protected park with pleasant guided walking tours. If you have time you can see the mangrove forest by using Mangrove boardwalks.
DAY 3: FULL DAY SPICE & PRISON ISLAND TOUR
- After breakfast at the hotel, depart for The Spice Tour. It is one of the most popular excursions in Zanzibar, the Spice Island. Zanzibar was one of the world's leading producers of spices such as clove, nutmeg and cinnamon. The tour takes you to an organic farm with wide variety of plants around the year.
- Later move to the Island, which was formerly intended to be the penal institution in the days of the Sultans, but was never really used as a prison. It was actually the site of a hospital and quarantine facility. Visible just a short distance from the Stone Town Prison Island is now a successful sanctuary for Giant Tortoises. Just near the island, there are beautiful coral reefs for excellent snorkeling.
- It is a pleasant destination for sunbathing and swimming. On your way to and from the prison Island, you will have a very beautiful panoramic view of Stone Town.
DAY 4: FULL DAY SAFARI BLUE TOUR
- After breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Safari Blue, a full day trip which includes the use of top-quality snorkeling equipment with guides and instructors, ice cold sodas, mineral water and beer, a delicious Zanzibar seafood lunch with grilled fish and slipper lobster, gastronomic fruit tasting, coffee and Amarula liqueur.
- Safari Blue explores the Menai Bay conservation area, which is home to two different species of dolphins, the Indo-pacific humpback and the bottlenose.
- After snorkeling, you will proceed to Kwale Island for lunch. The buffet lunch includes fish, slipper lobster, calamari, rice and sauces all served hot from the grill. Our crew also prepares and presents a gastronomic fruit tasting with a large selection of delicious tropical fruits.
- Sail on "ngalawa" - a local canoe with outriggers which has been carved from a single mango tree. As Safari Blue comes to an end and we return by traditional lanteen sail, the full splendor of the African sunset reveals itself.
DAY 5: LEISURE DAY
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Rest of the day is free for self-exploration and shopping. You may enjoy local food and get a chance to interact with local people around.
DAY 6: FLY BACK HOME
- Breakfast at hotel, check out from hotel and proceed to the airport for your flight back to home.
Full Day Stone Town & Jozani Forest Tour with lunch provided
Full Day Spice & Prison Island Tour
Full Day Safari Blue Tour with Lunch provided