Johannesburg, also known as Jozi, Joburg, or "The City of Gold" is the largest city in South Africa and one of the 50 largest urban areas in the world. The city began in the 19th century as a gold-mining settlement, with around 6 million trees. It is also home to the world's largest man-made urban forest.
Pretoria city - the administrative capital of South Africa is also known as the "Jacaranda City" mainly for its tree-lined avenues and fascinating architecture. Visit historical monuments such as the Paul Kruger House and Voortrekker Monument, not forgetting the Union Buildings. The city is regarded as the original home of the Afrikaans people. The Union Buildings, seat of executive government and symbol of the new South Africa.
|DEPARTURE||Hotel or Residence|
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||5:00 PM|
DAY 1: ARRIVAL - JOHANNESBURG
- Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your accommodation.
- After checking into your hotel, take a walk across the road to Sandton City Shopping Mall and have the afternoon at leisure.
DAY 2: JOHANNESBURG CITY TOUR / SOWETO TOUR
- Enjoy an Orientation of Joburg City with a special visit to Soweto where you'll get to see the Hector Pieterson Museum. Hector Pieterson was one of the youths that died in the protest against having Afrikaans as the medium of instruction in local schools. He was shot and killed by police when he was only 13 years old. Hector Pieterson museum has become an iconic image of the fateful day, mostly due to the photographs published across the globe.
DAY 3: PRETORIA CITY TOUR
- Visit historical monuments such as the Paul Kruger House and Voortrekker Monument, not forgetting the Union Buildings. The city is regarded as the original home of the Afrikaans people. The Union Buildings, seat of executive government and symbol of the new South Africa. The Voortrekker Monument, rises like a sentinel in the south of Pretoria, this monument is an essential piece of the puzzle in understanding the Afrikaners people. The friezes explain their entire history from the Great Trek up to the Battle of Blood River and the forming of the Boer Republics. If you are visiting in October, you'll experience the best of all purple Jacarandas in bloom along most of the city's streets.
DAY 4: JOHANNESBURG
- After breakfast at your hotel, take a walk across the road to Sandton City Shopping Mall and have the day at leisure.
DAY 5: JOHANNESBURG - DEPARTURE
- After a hearty breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport to take your return flight back home.
- Its history dates from the 19th century gold-mining settlement
- Johannesburg has the world's largest man-made urban forest with 6 million trees
- Soweto which is home to Nelson Mandela & Desmond Tutu
- Sandton also known as 'Africa's richest square mile' - In the square of a huge shopping mall in Sandton stands the six-meter-high statue of Nelson Mandela. The statue is surrounded by restaurants, a public library and a theatre.
- Mandela House Museum and Hector Pieterson Memorial
- The Paul Kruger House
- Hector Pieterson Museum
- Voortrekker Monument
- Union Buildings