To know Malaysia is to love Malaysia - a bubbling, bustling melting-pot of races and religions where Malays, Indians, Chinese, and many other ethnic groups live together in peace and harmony. As a people, Malaysians are very relaxed, warm and friendly. Malaysia is also noted as a "Food Paradise" where you can taste a diversity of delectable food at reasonable prices. Be it Malay, Chinese, or Indian cuisine, Malaysia is home to a distinctive palette and a tapestry of flavors. In view of the historic influence of Islam and European culture from its colonized period, Malaysia stands out as the Centre of diversity that is unique in Asia
|DEPARTURE||Hotel or Residence|
|DEPARTURE TIME||07:30 AM|
|Return TIme||5:00 PM|
Package Cost includes
- Meet and greet service at airport, including welcome itinerary and signage
- 06 nights' accommodation in standard rooms
- Porterage for 1 piece of standard sized luggage + 1 hand carry per person for arrival and departure transfer.
- Meal inclusions as per itinerary
- Bottled water and wet tissues included during the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off services at the hotel
- Touring by air-conditioned coach
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Admission to attraction where applicable.
- Services of Licensed English-Speaking Guide cum Tour Manager for transfers and tours.
- Sales and Service Tax.
Package Cost excludes
- Any Item not mentioned above.
- The rainy season along the East Coast is from November to February. Unexpected flash floods, although rare, may occur. In such circumstances, the Company reserves the right to make necessary changes to the itinerary.
- During the Muslim festival of Hari Raya Aidil Fitri and Hari Raya Aidil Adha and the Chinese New Year, some places of interest are closed for a period of 2 days.
DAY 1: KUALA LUMPUR - CAMERON HIGHLANDS
- Depart by 0830 hours for Cameron Highlands located at 1542 meters above sea level, noted for its tea plantations and cool temperatures. Stop on the way for a visit to see the cottage industry of basket weaving followed by Lata Iskandar Waterfall and a native settlement. Tour of Cameron Highlands consists of the tea plantation, tea factory, market place and butterfly farm.
- Notes: Tea factory operation is closed on Monday and public holidays.
DAY 2: CAMERON HIGHLAND - PENANG
- Early morning set off to Penang. Stop at the Royal town of Kuala Kangsar to appreciate the mesmerizing Ubudiah Mosque, the attractive Iskandariah Palace and Istana Kenangan which was built without a single nail. The visits of these 3 interesting sites can only be viewed from outside.
- Discover interesting handicrafts of the Royal Town of Kuala Kangsar by embarking on a river cruise amidst a rustic ambiance that is rich in history with live narration. Disembark to visit the unique process of keris (dagger) making, a dying art.
- Synonymous with the Malay culture and way of life, the keris is a status symbol for Malay Royalties and Dignitaries. Then proceed to visit the The Sultan Azlan Shah Gallery.
- Lastly visit the Labu Sayong Center where unique shaped pots are made with deft hands and creative inspirations mostly by womenfolk. The cool water from the pots is believed to have healing properties.
- Cross over to Penang, better known as the Pearl of the Orient via one of the longest bridges in the world.
Keris making is a cottage industry craft making activity operated by villagers as part of family tradition. The visiting hours vary from time to time and will not be available during the fasting month, local public holidays or if any family occasions take place on the visiting day.
DAY 3: PENANG
- Depart from the hotel at 0900hrs for a City, Culture, and Heritage tour of Georgetown, which was officially declared a UNESCO SITE in 2008. Visit the 3rd longest reclining Buddha figure in the world followed by Kek Lok Si Temple, also known as Temple of 1000 Buddhas, that was built in 1904. It is the most beautiful and largest Buddhist temple complex in South East Asia. Next, we visit Fort Cornwallis, the landing site of Captain Francis Light in 1786, when he arrived to start the first British colony in Penang.
- The tour carries on with a visit to the water village of The Clan Jetties at Weld Quay, so named as residents of each jetty share similar surname. We next take you along Pitt Street, also known as The Street of Harmony. Here churches, Chinese temples, mosques and Hindu temples are built along the same street in harmonious existence side by side for centuries. Visit the intricate Khoo Kong Si clan house. Enjoy a breezy trishaw ride, a still popular mode of transport in Georgetown. Return to the hotel and the rest of the day is at your own leisure. In the late evening, you can explore the nightlife along Batu Ferringhi, Penang style.
DAY 4: PENANG - KOTA BHARU
- Depart at 0830 hours, traveling west to east overland across Peninsular Malaysia through the main mountain range, which offers breathtaking views of the dense tropical rain forest whilst journeying through villages and plantations.
- En-route, we will make a photo stop on Banding Island with its scenic view of the famous Temenggor lake, which is a good spot for a lunch break (not inclusive in tour price). Enjoy the scenery of the calm picturesque lake surrounded by the grand and immense tropical rainforest in the background. Further, on, we will stop at the highest mountain point on this route, 1050 meters above sea level overlooking the Thailand and Malaysian border. This offers a breathtaking view of the famous Titiwangsa Mountain range with its dense tropical rainforest.
- Continue to Kota Bharu, Kelantan and check in upon arrival. Rest of the day is at your leisure.
DAY 5: KOTA BHARU - KUALA TERENGGANU
- At 0830 hours, start the day with a visit to the famous and colorful wet market of Kota Bharu and the traditional cottage industries such as silver handicraft and songket weaving. Continue your visit to traditional Wau (kite) making. Thereafter, drive along the scenic coastline southward towards Kuala Terengganu, tasting some keropok, the very popular local chips made of fish or prawn. This is followed with witnessing trained monkey plucking coconuts before we head to the hotel. Check in at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 6: KUALA TERENGGANU - KUANTAN
- Check out of the hotel after early breakfast at 0800 hours and head towards Kuantan. Stop in Kuala Terengganu to visit Pulau Duyong, famous for its traditional way of boat making in the region. A must is the visit to the Islamic Civilization Park at the Waterfront Heritage City of Kuala Terengganu. This showcases twenty replicas of great Islamic monuments of the world such as Alhambra Citadel of Spain, Taj Mahal of Agra India, Masjidil Haram of Mecca Saudi Arabia, Dome of the Rock Palestine and many more. Last but not least is the visit to the Grand Crystal Mosque, the icon and the highlight of the park. Proceed to Kuantan. En route, taste the lemang, rice cooked with coconut milk in bamboo, a popular Malay delicacy not to be missed.
- As you head further south towards Cherating in the district of Kuantan, you will stop at a scenic coastal fishing village and visit a turtle information centre where you can learn more about this endangered species of the sea. This is followed by an afternoon tea break before visiting the final stop at homegrown Batik Gallery, Malaysias famous art textile made from wax, using handdrawn or hand-blocked technique. Proceed to the hotel for check in. Overnight stay at Swiss Garden Kuantan.
- Note: During the fasting month of Ramadhan, Islamic Civilization Park is closed. It will be replaced by a visit to the Losong Museum.
DAY 7: KUANTAN - KUALA LUMPUR FOR DEPARTURE
- At 0830hrs depart for Kuala Lumpur. En-route, stop at the quaint historic town of Sungai Lembing situated North West from Kuantan. Stop at a hanging bridge for a scenic view of the surroundings. Visit Sungai Lembing Museum, dedicated to the memories of the heydays of Sungai Lembing as the town with the largest, longest and deepest subterranean tin mine in the world. Continue to experience the living museum on foot and visit the underground tunnel which was once known as the El-Dorado of the East. Continue and drop-off at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
- Note: Please book flights ex-KLIA after 1900 on last day of tour.