Salt Lick Safari Lodge is a luxurious safari escape set in the heart of the Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary overlooking a waterhole and the vast Tsavo plains. The lodge is famed for for decades Salt Lick Safari Lodge has been one of Kenya's flagship lodges, famed for being among the World's Most Photographed Lodges. Lodge's charm is evident from the outset. Here you will savour uncompromising high standards of service, efficiency and personalised attention.
|DEPARTURE FROM NAIROBI TO TSAVO WEST||10:30 AM|
|DEPARTURE FROM TSAVO WEST TO NAIROBI||2:00 PM|
|VALIDITY||UNTILL 31ST OCTOBER 2021|
Package Cost includes
- 2 nights' accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary on full board
- Services of a Professional Tour-guide
- Transport in safari minivan with open roof for excellent game viewing
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person during game drives
- Government taxes
Package Cost excludes
- Park entry fees
- Local and International flights
- Travel insurance- Can be organized upon request
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guide & hotel staff
DAY 1: NAIROBI- TSAVO WEST
- Pick up at 06:30 am by the safari driver and depart Nairobi for Tsavo West National Park.
- Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. After check in, you can enjoy the lodge facility.
- Later in the afternoon proceed for an afternoon game drive.
- Later on, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: TSAVO EAST
- Wake up in time for breakfast, leave for a half day game drive to the Tsavo East National park the home to the famous "Man eater lions of Tsavo" together with other members of the big five available in the park.
- You shall return to the lodge at 1300hrs for lunch after which you shall enjoy an afternoon at Leisure.
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
DAY 3: TSAVO – NAIROBI
- After breakfast, enjoy a game drive before sunrise when nature is at its best, with the predators out for the hunt.
- Depart Tsavo and head back home.
Huge herds of Elephants covered in red dust from wallowing and dust bathing
Mudanda Rock - this rock towers above a natural dam which draws many Elephants to slake their thirst every day.
Lugards Falls - these falls occur on the Galana River, passing over some interestingly shaped rocks.
What to do in Tsavo East National Park - Game drives, bush walks, hiking and rock climbing, horse riding.
Walking safaris during which you can explore the Chaimu volcanic crater
The underground viewing hide which allows you to get a different perspective on Hippos and Crocodiles from underwater at the Mzima Springs
See the Shetani flow where a volcano erupted and created a river of magma that has hardened